St. Laurent & Son is searching for a Senior Estimator with experience in Excavation, Utility installation, Demolition, Grading, and Site Development to work on medium to large scale public and
The Estimator will report to the President and Vice President and will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the estimating process on
assigned projects. As an estimator, you will be responsible to review proposals, specifications, drawings and attend pre-bid meetings.
Title: Estimator (7+ years)
- Public and Private Utility Installations, Office, Healthcare and Recreation
- Heavy Civil Construction, Grading, Excavation, Earth-moving, and Dirt Work.
- Estimators will be accountable to coordinate the total estimating effort for bidding.
- Review proposals, specs, drawings, and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare estimates by following or developing the scope of work.
- Consult with clients, vendors, and other individuals on bidding documents.
- Develop a critical path for the most effective means and methods of construction.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar is preferred
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple items at once is a must.
- Experience bidding on public and private projects.
- 7+ years of experience bidding for grading, earthwork dirt-work, and demolition.
- Strong work ethic, team player with strong attention to details and ability to work independently
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, mathematical, and sound judgment skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and knowledge of HCSS software a plus
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
St. Laurent & Son is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: commensurate upon experience
- Simple IRA - Retirement Match
- 100 % paid Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental / Eye insurance employee paid
- Profit Sharing
- Monday to Friday and as needed to accommodate bidding schedule.
- Main office, 20 Highland Spring Road Lewiston Maine 04240
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 - $98,000.00 per year
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, origin, handicap or veteran status.