St. Laurent & Son Inc is a family owned and operated excavation and paving company serving Central Maine. With our 50-year history, we are well respected in the construction
industry. We specialize in utility construction, road construction, site work, and paving. We also have a crushing operation and gravel pit offering contractors and residential
customers aggregate products.
The controller will report directly to the owner and will lead a team who are responsible for day to day transactional activity. The position integrates operational and financial performance
indictors and advises the owner regarding recommendations that will enhance job margin, improve project expense management, and increase corporate profits.
- Manage all accounting operations inclusive of A/P, A/R, Payroll, and GL. Ensure quality control over transactions and reporting
- Set up internal controls necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Prepare and analyze Work-In-Progress Reports and job cost analysis reports
- Hold regular meetings with project management to review job status and performance against budget. Ability to identify projects that are not on track to ensure early intervention with
- Assisting Project Management with monthly project billing including validation of percent complete and ensuring actual and anticipated costs are being included in the monthly requisition
- Oversee Month End process to ensure month end close by the 10th of each month. Preparation of monthly financial reporting package to include balance sheet, income statement, and Work in process
- Analyze and report on bank accounts, loans, insurance, payroll auditing, workers comp audits, contracts, job costing, etc
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Provide financial guidance to all functional system issues and concerns
- Construction Industry Experience a must
- Strong leadership qualities
- Able to develop and maintain internal controls
- Accounting degree preferred
- 8-10 years’ experience in cost accounting with construction experience
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and working bank knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload and delegate to produce desired results
- Solid computer skills including MS Office, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of HCSS or Jonas Construction a plus
Full time, Monday to Friday
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Free Health Insurance for individual
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company matched retirement (3%)
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, origin, handicap or veteran status.