St. Laurent & Son Inc. a commercial paving Contractor based in central Maine is seeking an experienced estimator and project manager for highway and commercial paving projects.
The Paving Project Manager/Estimator is responsible for the day to day operations of 2 crews, accurate takeoff, pricing and bid submission for paving projects. This position will work closely with
existing estimators. Applicant will be required to prepare and submit complete estimates for commercial paving and roadway construction projects.
- Perform takeoff, pricing and sub/vendor procurement for asphalt paving and roadway construction projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Create the pre-bid schedule.
- Ensure that proper subcontractor and vendor coverage is obtained and entered for the bid
- Perform tasks related to bid and proposal preparation and submission
- Schedule and project manage the bids awarded
- Year-round work, off season includes policy procedure, job costing and estimating
- 3-5 years of asphalt paving and roadway construction estimating experience
- Prior field management experience in the paving industry is a plus
- Prior field paving experience is a plus
- Knowledge of HCSS is a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with computerized takeoff
- FREE Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Match
- Vehicle Stipend
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities, management styles and team compositions
- Good communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- MUST have a Great attitude and be a team player!
St Laurent & Son Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, sex, age, origin, handicap or veteran status.